Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Showtune Tuesday

When I was little, this was my favorite musical. My parents took me to see everytime it was in town. Because I have two brothers who were not interested in a girly show, they always took me by myself. It was wonderful. We would eat at Hathaways in Carew Tower and then take in the show. When I was six, I even had a dress like Annie with a little tiny Sandy in the pocket. At the time, The Taft Theatre sold refreshments, but it was always warm drinks - no ice. Daddy would buy me a warm coke and m&m's. He would hide the m&m's in his suitcoat pocket. They had to be a secret from Moma or she would call it dessert and we would skip Grater's. It was always a game to sneak my hand into his suit coat pocket and pull out an m&m or two. We would always giggle about how we were fooling Moma. Of course, looking back, she knew. She always knew.


Let's hope the Sun Comes Out Tomorrow.

1 comment:

kristin said...

OMG - in kindergarten, I wore my Annie dress (with white lacy anklet socks and black patent leather mary janes) for school picture day. I was obsessed, too! Glad to see you back here, friend.