Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Heartland Cafe

Last night, I met ECW for dinner at The Heartland Cafe. It was a little funny how we ended up here. This is one of his favorite places, but somehow he never told me that. I was going through my a la cards, and noticed Heartland. It seemed up his alley, so I suggested it. He was thrilled and a little amused that I suggested it. I had the maple-pineapple free range chicken with wild rice and zucchini. It came with a side of cornbread. The chicken was delicious. The cornbread was too thick and heavy for me. I like light and soft cornbread. They use cornmeal, but it is a little coarse. The cafe is very interesting. It has the smell of light patchouli and cedar. They have a little shoppe attached selling lots of naturey/organic products. Mostly it was fun to sit on the screened in porch and catch up with ECW.

No comments: