Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chicago French Market

A few weekends ago, I ventured to the Chicago French Market. The CFM is an indoor marketplace selling fresh groceries and flowers, along with many food stands. The purveyors are all local businesses and local ingredients (as much as possible). Because the CFM is pretty new, there are only a handful of vendors. The goal is to eventually have to be close to Milwaukee's Public Market. It was very pretty on the inside and I am glad there is a lot of room for growth.

The Apple Stand - look how shiny and yummy these apples look:


The Flowers Stands were also one of my favorite parts. I especially love pink and orange together in the form of gerber daisies.


My lunch was from Pastoral. Pastoral is a local artisan cheese and gourmet foods shop.

I had a lovely sandwich with herbed goat cheese, avocado, roasted red pepper, and tomato all on warm french bread. It was delish.

For dessert I had the best crepe this side of the Atlantic. It was a fresh made crepe with smeared Nutella, marshmallow sauce that was then broiled, with graham cracker crumbs and banana's. It was amazing.


Each weekend, they are adding more vendors and shoppes which is very exciting. I am already trying to figure out when I am going to visit next.

1 comment:

kristin said...

I can't wait to go to the market the next time I visit Chicago!!!

P.S. I'm loving all the new posts lately.