Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Little Something to Make Me Smile

I am, by nature, a project person. I love a project. I like them because I like to see results. And I like to see them quickly. I am not a very good person for looking at the long term. I like instant gratification. (In my defense, I am the MTV generation. I don't have an attention span longer than a music video sometimes.)

For the first time in a long time, I am actually feeling motivated to work on some long range goals I have for myself.

One of my goals is setting up a nightly routine to help me sleep more/better. I used to be an amazing sleeper, but lately not so much. I have some amazing bedding and a great bed, so I thought having some flowers would be a nice touch on my nightstand. Beside being lovely, these are the best deal ever. 10 Daffodil stems for $1.49 from Trader Joe's. This is three bunches. Instead of busting out a vase, I used my beside carafe. They fit perfectly.



Close up of the bedside sunshine:


I am also a faithful follower of The Satorialist. This morning's posting was amazing. I would love to have that red cape. And he even titled it London Shine!


All these pictures are brightening my day!

1 comment:

kristin said...

Love it! And that's the perfect color for your bedroom. It's rainy and grey today where I live, so perhaps I'll pop over to TJ's and treat myself to some sunshine, too. :)