Friday, February 19, 2010

Let the Sun Shine In...

Today, I had an appointment downtown and took the opportunity to walk around and soak up the sunshine. It was also about 30 degrees, which is practically summer to me at this point.

The Sunshine:


I walked right by Millennium Park, a Chicago favorite and snapped this photo of the Park Grill. This is where you can ice skate at night. It gets very crowded though. During the summer, I like to sit outside and have a burger and beer. The Park Grill has some of the best burgers. Oh, summer I am ready now!!!!

The Park Grill:


I also snapped a lovely view of the building.
The Smurfit-Stone Building:



Do you recognize this building from one of the greatest 80's movies of all time? Yes, Adventures in Babysitting, starring Elizabeth Shue. This is the building Sara climbs out of after being chased.
Which brings me to my favorite part of the movie, the beginning. I love this song by The Crystals. I used to dance around the room just the same way after seeing the movie. I even a dress super similar to that one. There is a good chance, I would still wear that dress today if it fit.



TGIF!

No comments: