Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pumpkin White Chocolate Cheesecake

Back before Thanksgiving, I decided to make my very first cheesecake from scratch! I decided to experiment with pumpkin. I have not always loved pumpkin for about the last year I have grown to adore the flavor. Since we were close to Turkey Day, I decided pumpkin would be a great flavor, but I wanted to make it just a little more decadent, so I added white chocolate to the mix. I started with the "Almost Famous Pumpkin Cheesecake" from foodtv.com. One of the liberties I took was using cinnamon graham crackers as the base. Mixed with the butter the crust is completely luxurious and the cinnamon elevates a simple graham cracker crust. Then I melted the white chocolate and poured a nice layer on the crust.

As that cooled, I mixed the batter leaving out the pumpkin. Be sure to set aside a little of the plain cheesecake decoration later. I also mixed in tiny white chocolate chips. To make the swirl on top, I used a spoon to put several lines of the white on top of the cheesecake. Then I ran the point of a knife perpendicular to the lines and made the swirl.



This is a great dessert for a party or a pot luck. It is very rich, so it's better to share. Since then, I have made this cheesecake about 6 times. It is a sure fire hit.

No comments: