Monday, February 22, 2010

I Spoke Too Soon!

Just Friday I was posting about the lovely sunshine and sure enough it went away over the weekend. We did get some more snow last night. For most of the time I have lived in Chicago, I worked downtown. Several years ago, I changed careers and took a job in the suburbs. I don't love having to drive to work, but I absolutely adore my job, so I do it. However my drive is rather lovely. I drive up Sheridan Rd. through the city and into the North Shore. I drive along the lake and pass my favorite park. I drive through the great campus of Northwestern and onto the cutest part of Wilmette, Lake Ave.

This is the street I drive every weekday. It has old fashioned lamps, that are delightful when turned on. During the summer, the leaves are full and the trees make a tunnel to drive under. The snow is quite lovely and peaceful.



Two of the cute houses I drive by. P.S. Cute is very expensive in this neck of the woods.





And since I have to do some walking, this year I purchased these:



No comments: