Friday, July 31, 2009

1154 Lill

Two weeks ago, the girls and I surprised GLS with a trip to 1154 Lill for her birthday. From the website: 1154 LILL STUDIO is the original custom handbag boutique where you mix and match fabrics and styles to design a one-of-a-kind LILL handbag or accessory. It is really a great place and so much fun. The studio is on one of the cutest streets in Chicago, Armitage. While Michigan Ave. is the most famous here for shopping, it has lots of big box stores. Armitage is small boutiques and shoppes. Some are one of a kind and others are chains. Strolling around and shopping with an Argo Tea in one hand and my Kate Spade in the other is a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
The store is very cute and the workspace is amazing. You feel like an actual designer. Upon entering I spotted the cutest homemade decorations - Anchors!! These are so cute and made from cardstock and scrapbooking paper. I definitely see this craft project in my future.






The storefront window with a few sample purses:


The Workspace:




We started off by picking the style of purse we wanted. Mine is the Brianna, which has a wooden handle and is reversible. That part was pretty easy for me.
This picture is the style of my purse in two great fabrics. Reminded me of Lilly P.



I was tempted to create this one, but decided to have the true 1154 experience and create my own. I was afraid here in Chicago, it would look really out of place in the colder months. I will most likely end up making a cute tote for next summer with these fabrics. After that we set about picking out our fabrics. I finally narrowed it down to three prints and three solids. The first set. Navy with the green print or navy with the yellow print. I love the pattern of the green print, but I have been very into yellow and navy over the past year.

The second set. I love the black and white print and wanted to pair it with either lime green or light pink.



It was a very hard decision and I spent a lot of time thinking about what I wanted. I went back and forth and back and forth. Finally I decided on....




The green southern charm fabric with the nighttime navy. Since this is reversible, the nighttime navy is the trim on one side and the entire color on the reverse. I adore said purse and think I will be able to use it alot this coming fall. 1154 has a weekend duffel that is really great and I think the black and white Moroccan tile fabric would be great for that bag. Once, I have the actual bag in hand, I will post a photo. Ciao!

2 comments:

Her Preppiness said...

Sounds fun

- said...

I love all of the fabrics!