Friday, July 3, 2009

Row This Boat

A few summers ago, I took a Learn to Row class from the Lincoln Park Boat Club. I had a really good time and have always meant to go back. This summer I decided to take the Learn to Row 2 Class. It was much harder and a lot more time on the water. Instead of being at the lagoon, we are at the river site. I like the river site better. It is more intense and you can see the rec and competitive teams practicing. After LTR2, we have the opportunity to work with the rec team. This is something I am striving for, but I do think I need another LTR class and some endurance work. Even though I despise running I may have to start running. All the crew teams do it and it really is the best way to build your cardiovascular endurance. The picture below is one I took from the North Ave. bridge of the men's team.


No comments: