Friday, July 24, 2009

The Beast

Last night we had our JLC book club. We are all finishing our associate year and waiting to be voted in. During an event at the house, JC won this amazing bottle of wine. It was huge. So we named it The Beast. It was quite the undertaking to open. But, once it was opened, it was all down hill. We managed to kill the entire bottle over the course of the evening. While we discussed the book for a few minutes, we quickly shifted off topic and never seemed to return. Does anyone have a book club that actually discusses the book? Just curious. Here is a picture strapped for the drive in JC's car.

2 comments:

AEOT said...

Hysterical! I'd love to know more about JLC when you get a chance. My MIL keeps encouraging me to join, as does my best friend in Michigan. I'm FINALLY done with grad school, and I'd love to expand my social circle as well as find a new volunteer activity!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Congrats to you!! I'm supposed to be finishing my JLC Associate Year too but, I got so caught up with my children & their little lives, it just didn't happen. I recently rec'd a letter I can retake it...we'll see. I managed to attend several functions & am still going to go to the Summer Soiree! Hope to see you there! :)

BTW, I've never been in a book club that discusses the book! ;)