Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Lilly 4th

For the 4th of July, the boys were on a trip to Michigan. This left the girls to celebrate at home. I decided to do a little twist for the 4th of July. We had a pink and green 4th of July. An Independence Day tribute to Lilly Pulitzer herself. Because I have always loved pink and green together, a lot of what you will see it part of my collection. I only picked up fabric and little buckets.


I started by taking fabric and creating some color on the table. I didn't want to use a full tablecloth because I really love the dark wood of the table.

I made a cross shape and layered the pieces over each other.

Then I created the centerpiece using three different floral arrangements. I definitely believe in groupings of three or odd numbers. I used three different types of flowers and three different vases. I think the trick here is to very the heights and also how full the arrangement looks.



The napkins are a gift from my mother. I used my white corelle dishes and silver Crate & Barrel silverware. For glasses, I used a stemless wine glass for sangria and a champagne flute for champagne. To kick up the glassware a little, I tied different color grosgrain ribbon on the stem of each glass.


Here is a view of the entire table.



Beside the knife and spoon, I also placed a green corn on the cob holder at everyone's place setting. I used little metal buckets from Target's The One Spot to hold condiments and buns. I used scraps of fabric as liners of the buckets.
Our Menu:
Caprese Salad
Gourmet Hamburgers with all the toppings
BBQ Grilled Chicken
Homemade Mac & Cheese
Corn on the Cob
White Sangria
Champagne
For dessert I did a make your own Ice Cream Sundae bar. It was a huge hit. I pretty much bought everything you put on top on a sundae. We ended up making tons of little sundaes to try all the toppings.
Hope you enjoyed my Lilly 4th.

No comments: