Friday, August 7, 2009

Bonwit Teller

I have always been a shopper. My mother is a shopper, her mother was a shopper. You get the idea. My very first credit card was the Amex under Daddy. Pretty normal. This was at age 13. Not so normal. But, you never knew when an emergency would arise. Like most people as I grew older, I acquired various credit cards, especially specific store cards. One of my favorites was my Bonwit Teller card. I adored the store and the card. It was so pretty and girly. None of the shimmery, logo-y, pick your picture kind of card. Simple, lovely, clean. My favorite outfit was from 7th grade. White knee length dress shorts with a 3/4 length boat neck shirt in black. The front had a silouette of a french woman walking her poodle in on the front. The image was woven into the shirt and was entirely white. Her scarf was red. I wore this with knee socks and penny loafers and a red grosgrain ribbon headband. Talk about true love. I miss that outfit. And Bonwit Teller. It went out of business a few years later. Here is a picture of the credit card.

1 comment:

Suburban prep said...

Bonwitt Teller is where I bought my 8th grade graduation dress. I loved that store. There was one at one time at Old Orchard.