Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday Funday

This Sunday was the Rock & Roll Half Marathon here in Chicago. Several friends were running (amazing, I know) and another group of use decided to go cheer them on. This meant rising at 5:30 AM!!! and being downtown and in position by 6:45. My word, it was early. We are having an amazing day of weather and it is always fun to race to certain checkpoints to see friends. We made it to the finish line in time to see most of our friends cross. I am so proud of them. Afterward, JC's parents took us to Roy's Hawaiian Fusion on State. The Passion Fruit Mimosa was divine as was the al fresco seating. (P.S. Al fresco is my favorite way to dine.) I had the Sunrise Burrito. It was delicious. After brunch, I headed home for an official nap. What is an official nap you ask? It's a nap where you are in your bed, room darkened and under the covers. It's the best way to nap. Now, JLM is coming over for a light supper and reading on the lanai. (I'm channeling the Golden Girls).

No comments: