Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hinsdale: Part Two

While visiting the Lilly store in Hinsdale, I popped across the street to The Yankee Peddler. TYP is a super cute boutique with lots and lots of fun treats. They have tea towels, candles, lotion, wall art, cake stands, books, aprons, tableware, vases, purses, paper goods, baby gifts, etc. I wondered around looking at every single thing for about 40 minutes. The owner was so nice and we had a wonderful time chatting. I also wanted to own everything in there. This is the storefront. (I could not get the sign due to a weird angle.)

Finally, after much looking and chatting, I decided on the following items:
A lovely light aqua vase/glass. I love the feel of it in my hand and the color. I would put three little hydrangeas in there, tightly wrapped. Or perhaps with some fresh juice on a Sunday morning. The second treat was a book on where to buy Vintage Paris Couture. Each section is divided by arrondissement. The book only fuels my re-discovered obsession with Paris & France. Julie & Julia also contributed to its' resurrection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah! You're in my 'hood!! I am just reading Part II now, I've been out of town. Next time you are in the burbs, drop me a line, let's meet up for lunch. :)