Saturday, August 1, 2009

Lovely Autumn

Here in Chicago, we have had a very mild summer. It also seems as if summer is/has not happened. Autumn is my favorite season and with the fall Lilly catalog coming out, it has me thinking and planning my fall wardrobe.

Growing up, I only wore navy blue (my mother's signature color) as my dark color. I didn't wear black or brown. Mostly, because my mother preferred navy. After I graduated from college and was preparing to work in the 'real world' I embraced black. It made me feel like an adult. Well, over the past year, I find myself moving back towards navy. The more I look at the pieces I do have the more I am considering going back towards navy as my dark color staple. I just really love the color. Alot. With that in mind, here are a few of my favorite pieces from LP Fall '09:

I would wear this with a chunky light colored necklace and some type of nude shoe.


This cardigan with a navy skirt.



With navy tights and even a navy turtleneck underneath.



With a navy cashmere cardigan.

Ciao!



No comments: