Monday, August 10, 2009

Kate Spade Bedding

In the Spring of 2004, Kate Spade Home Collection made it's debut. I instantly fell in love with the Sea Cliff Collection. Most of what was available from this collection was in a light blue. However, the ever resourceful and amazing Mother found it in navy and white. (Mother loves navy.) After much coveting, Mother surprised me with the entire collection. At the time, I was living with several girls and it seemed best to save it for a different time. Also, my bedroom furniture was a dark cherry wood and this seemed better suited for white furniture. Finally, last May, I decided it was time and out came the bedding. It was so pretty. It is all very well made and I love the thickness and heaviness of the fabric in the duvet. I have the duvet, bed skirt, sheets, European shams and American shams. I also have different bedroom furniture, which is white. I decided to paint my room a pale yellow to really show off the furniture and the bedding. Here is a pic of part of my bedroom.


The navy and white lampshade is from Pottery Barn kids. The frame is silver with a yellow grosgrain ribbon matte from Pottery Barn. In the frame, I have a picture of Audrey Hepburn from Breakfast at Tiffany's. The bedside carafe is from HomeGoods. I heart bedside carafes. You cannot really tell in the picture, but the bed is quite high. The bedskirt is 17" long. I love the navy and white. Plus, it is super easy to change the room up, by changing the paint and a a few accessories. Navy goes with so much. Hope you enjoyed the little peak.

1 comment:

C.J.M. said...

This is so cute! I love navy + yellow. You must love living here!